The main tasks of the department:
1. Analysis of modern innovative information technologies; research of prospects of their application in the learning process and management of TNMU; preparation of recommendations, development and implementation of new IT;
2. Selection of software for automation of typical tasks in the learning process and computerization of administrative and economic work of the university units.
3. Development of highly-specialized educational software to be used by the students and teachers in the learning process of TNMU. Development of highly specialized service software for automation of administrative and economic work of the university units;
4. Administration of key elements of the information infrastructure of TNMU
- high availability network cluster (now Proxmox),
- automated backup systems (now FreeNAS),
- structured cluster cabling system;
5. Administration of the Internet connection of the information infrastructure of TNMU (at the global level). Technical aspects of connection of buildings are provided by the Computer Hardware Department;
6. Global administration of cloud services of TNMU: Google Apps For Education and Microsoft Office 365 (except for individual users). Development and implementation of methods and techniques of integration of these services with the local information infrastructure and information systems of TNMU;
7. Development, implementation and administration (except for data filling) of general and specialized websites and web portals of the university (with maximum use of standardized and open source content management systems):
- the main web portal of TNMU (now on WordPress CMS);
- web portals of distance education (now Moodle DLS);
- website for publication of scientific journals (now the Open Journal System CMS);
- scientific journals support website (now Open Conference System CMS);
- electronic digital repository (now DSpace CMS);
- websites on the Google Sites platform.
8. Analysis of effectiveness of TNMU information resources promotion on the Internet. Development and implementation of methods for the university ranking increase in the digital space;
9. Administration of information systems for computerization of the learning process (now IS Contingent, ACS and IS EDBO); development of projects for upgrading and integration of these services with other elements of TNMU information infrastructure.